Hamptons Style Pendant Lights: 15 of the Best
The Hamptons style is one that originated in a region of Long Island, New York, known for its luxurious and sophisticated beach houses. Hamptons inspired decor is typically characterised by its elegant and understated aesthetic, with interiors that evoke a sense of relaxation and serenity.
Hamptons Pendant Lights are often designed to resemble traditional lanterns, chandeliers, and sconces, but with a modern twist. While the decor usually features a combination of natural materials such as wood, rattan, and linen, along with sleek metal finishes like brushed nickel or polished chrome.
In terms of colour, Hamptons interior style tends to be light and airy, with soft pastel hues like blue, green, and beige. The lighting is often layered, with multiple sources of light used to create a warm and inviting atmosphere, including table lamps, floor lamps, and of course pendant lights.
Assigned the almost impossible task of choosing 15 of the best pendants with the ultimate Long Island look in mind, our selection combines high quality materials and craftsmanship with beautiful brass accents, fine monochrome detailing and innovative design. Read on to discover our top picks.
1. The hugely popular Somerset Pendant Light is part of a chic and elegant collection which exudes a quiet and precise sophistication. Managing to subtly fuse modernity with vintage appeal, the sphere of glass deftly floats inside a streamlined frame, with the turned metal knobs adding a beautifully authentic edge. Absolutely perfect for above a kitchen bench in a modern Hamptons interior.
2. Collier Chandelier incorporates a mid-century silhouette with a contemporary twist. Cast knobs, hinges and stems in a Heritage Brass finish convey sleek elegance for a Hamptons style that is at once modern and timeless.
3. For that transitional Hamptons style, look no further than the Bowery Chandelier with its signature ridged accent lines and knurled endings which add an extra element of visual interest. The traditional style shades provide the perfect balance to this impressive pendant light – ideal for a living room or void area.
4. Juniper Chandelier is a modern take on a traditional style – the ultimate Hamptons expression. Classically elegant with its delicate arms and linen shades it is a transitional statement light with subtlety and sophistication.
5. Detailed glass bead accents and metal rods combine to create a modern and delicate chandelier style suspension. An impressive void or living room light, the Piper Pendant Light ticks the box for a classic Hamptons look.
6. Ace Pendant Light is a real favourite. Modern in style, the combination of finishes ensure it has a genuine Hamptons feel. This fixture can be comfortably placed in any interior space from the living room right through to the bedroom. A pendant with impact and elegance all rolled into one.
7. London 3lt Pendant Light is rustic and industrial in its appearance and provides a comfortable fit for a Hamptons farmhouse styled interior. Ideal above a dining table or kitchen bench, the beautifully crafted iron structure and transparent glass add impact without overwhelming your space.
8. Melrose Pendant Light packs a real punch in terms of size and presence. The simple silhouette presents a more modern Hamptons style of suspension with the aged patina on the metal elements adding to its beguiling appeal.
9. The newly released Carrie Chandelier brings modern Hamptons style to the fore. Sophisticated and elegant with perfect spheres of opal glass, it is a feature light that is purposeful yet restrained.
10. We love the Labra 12lt Chandelier for its sophisticated grandeur. A traditional chandelier design combined with elegant clean lines and modern silhouette; it is the epitome of a transitional Hamptons suspension.
11. For a stunning update on a classic style, it’s hard to go past the Latham Pendant Light. With Hamptons appeal in abundance the two-tone metal finish and opal glass tick all the boxes.
12. The Fletcher Pendant Light manages to span multiple design styles from vintage to industrial and classic to transitional with its chic vibe that transcends style boundaries. This unique pendant will fit seamlessly into any Hamptons inspired décor.
13. For that classic Hamptons look the Emery suspension is the perfect pendant light to pick. It is a classic Americana metal island light with added nostalgic flair, and its three metal finishes means it will fit comfortably in any kitchen or dining space.
14. Emory Pendant Light is part of a contemporary collection with a clean, simplistic yet classic design. The white fabric drum shade and glass diffuser emit a soft and welcoming wash of light – ideal for ambient dining area lighting.
15. Theater Row Pendant Light is a robust and traditional farmhouse style pendant that draws its inspiration from the old world chandeliers. This modern take on a vintage style suspension is a perfect display of Hamptons design.
While no means a definitive selection, our choice of suspension lights gives a taste of the Hamptons design style and how to incorporate it into your décor. Traditional lantern and chandelier style fixtures are given a modern twist and combined with light, airy textiles and materials with an elegant aesthetic and casual sophistication.
There is a vast array of lighting fixtures available to satisfy even the greatest Hamptons need. However, if you need a small nudge in the right direction, the team at Lighterior are available with some helpful advice and expert tips, so get in touch today!