Black Pendant Lights – 20 of the Best
With plenty of lighting trends leaning towards lighter, more natural colours, there is still a very large place in our homes and hearts for the classic black pendant light. Don’t be put off by any perceived gloominess or masculinity, when it comes to black lights the opportunities to bring life and light to your interior spaces are endless.
Available in a wide variety of designs, shapes, and sizes, they can be used for both functional and decorative purposes. Here are a few things worth considering when looking for your ultimate black pendant light.
The best black pendant light for your space will depend on your personal style and the overall aesthetic of the room. With popular designs ranging from minimalist geometric shapes, Scandinavian functionality, industrial-inspired metal designs or sleek, modern glass pendants, there is a design out there for all.
As well as choice in style, there is choice in material. Black pendant lights can be made from a variety of materials, such as metal, glass, or even rattan. Consider the durability, maintenance, and overall aesthetic of the material before making the selection that is best for your space.
Size is Everything
Consider the size of the pendant light in relation to the space it will be used in. A larger pendant light can be a statement piece, while a smaller one can be used in multiples to create a cohesive look. Also consider the height and placement of the pendant light. It should be hung at a height that is appropriate for the space and still provide adequate lighting.
Lighting the Dark
Darker coloured shades tend to absorb more light, resulting in less light output than their lighter-coloured counterparts. A black shade may create a more subdued or moody lighting effect in a room with a warmer yellow light, rather than the cooler colour emitted from a lighter shade. Therefore, your choice of black shade should be made based on the desired mood and functionality of the space.
20 of the Best
With a plethora of black pendant options available, we have curated 20 of the best for some suspension light inspiration.
1. The London Pendant Light is ideal for a taste of raw industrial beauty and exposed bulbs.
2. Exquisite craftsmanship and quality are on display with the ever so handsome Riddle Pendant Light.
3. The Cone Pendant Light in the Grafene finish is a must for that classic shape and industrial sensibility.
4. For some Art Deco inspired grandeur look no further than the Kins Pendant Light with its black and brass detailing.
5. Modern, slimline, and minimal linear design features on the Blush 3lt Rail Pendant Light.
6. The Acorn Pendant Light offers a true taste of Scandinavian style with smooth curves and a hint of timber.
7. Sumptuous smoke glass and black marble shine through on the Amp Pendant Light.
8. Rangoon Pendant Light gives you an organic boho look for your beach-chic coastal home.
9. The Bonton Pendant Light is a statement of fun and individuality with a too-cute metal curl.
10. For clean lines and simple uncluttered form, head straight to the versatile Angle Pendant Light.
11. The Leda Curve Pendant Light is modern, sleek and a real statement of style.
12. Modern design with texture, form and individuality is here in the shape of the Bion Pendant Light.
13. The popular Bell Pendant Light with its recognisable silhouette looks especially appealing in black.
14. Somerset Pendant Light fuses modernity with vintage appeal for that contemporary Hamptons vibe.
15. The Amedeo Pendant Light with its huge domed shade is big on size and big on impact.
16. With its natural materials of ceramic and timber, the Terra Dome Pendant Light in Slate & Blackened Ash is a must for an organic aesthetic.
17. The contemporary Arc Pendant Light is a striking light with a clean and minimal style.
18. With its smooth contours and large shade, the Brynne Pendant Light would be perfect for a kitchen or dining area.
19. Atom Pendant Light combines steel, symmetry, and opal glass orbs to produce a molecular-like centrepiece.
20. Dokka Pendant Light embodies the Scandinavian design ethos of function and beauty.
Whatever style of light you choose, ultimately, the ideal black pendant light will depend on your personal style and the overall aesthetic of the room. Get in touch with the Lighterior team today if you need assistance in selecting the very best black pendant for your space.