15 Striking Outdoor Lighting Ideas and Designs
There are endless possibilities when it comes to decorating your home’s exterior with outdoor lights – be it traditional or contemporary, minimal, or eclectic. It all depends on your personal style and what suits your home best.
Here are 15 outdoor lighting ideas to inspire you when creating a sanctuary in your own backyard or patio. So, whether you're looking to add decorative light fixtures to your backyard oasis or simply need some guidance on how to light up your front entrance, we've got you covered.
Outdoor Wall Lights
A stylish outdoor wall light is a great choice whether you are looking for something minimal or avant-garde. These decorative outdoor lighting fixtures add character while taking up very little space, which means they work well in smaller outdoor areas or along narrow corridors or walls.
- The Cone Collection is a clear reference to the natural simplicity of the shape, a classic but at the same time minimal style, suitable for any space whether residential or commercial. The collection includes wall lights of various types and sizes - Flush, Curve and Straight.
Lille Wall Light is a versatile modern interpretation of a traditional wall light. Its archetypal design leans towards a contemporary motif with its industrial style brass finish.
- The hugely popular Sandvik Wall Light is an outdoor fixture in powder coated aluminium and tempered glass. The collection consists of four different finishes - aluminium, black, graphite and white; and two sizes - with the small option being a down light and large option an up and down light. This brings an extra level of versatility to this contemporary styled outdoor wall light.
Calmaggiore Wall Light has a delicate but decisive visual impact that characterises all the lamps included in this collection. Intended for outdoor environments this fixture has a traditional industrial style and is made of copper and antique brass with a white or clear glass finish.
- The Vansbro Wall Light is a versatile light with universal appeal. Ideal for outdoor use with an IP Rating of IP55, it is fully protected against solid objects and splashing water from any angle.
Free Standing Lamps
Outdoor free standing lamps reference both floor lamps and table lamps and are a fabulous addition to any al fresco area. They provide an intimate, warm glow that helps create a relaxed atmosphere and enhance the ambience of your home’s exterior.
Outdoor pendant lighting is just one of many innovative outdoor lighting ideas for patios, easily hung from the ceiling and adjustable to different heights. They add an exquisite character and charm to any space and come in many styles suitable for both classic and contemporary homes.
- The Cone Outdoor Pendant Light, part of the Cone Collection, is a simple yet classic shape that draws your eye to the beautifully crafted quality materials and finish. This versatile pendant’s striking simplicity makes a real statement.
- Leda Outdoor Curve Pendant Light is eye-catching and graceful without being over-bearing. Like a necklace of light, it is composed of spheres and cylinders in anodised aluminium with a flexible diffuser that lends itself to a variety of arrangements. The Leda collection is a range of modular and adjustable lighting fixtures that are installable in all directions.
Whether contemporary or traditional in style, functional or decorative in use, outdoor ceiling lights can be a valuable addition to your exterior.
- The Sole Outdoor Ceiling Light is a versatile and stylish light that is ideal for any outdoor space. With a sleek, easy-to-install design, this beautiful light can be placed in any location to add personality and ambiance. Available in both a round or rectangle shape and with an IP65 rating, it is completely waterproof and suitable for outdoor use.
- Borgo Ceiling Light is made of copper and antique brass and brings you a classic shape expertly reimagined in a contemporary key. Quality craftsmanship and materials are merged with the latest lighting techniques for this subtle yet remarkable collection.
Bollard & Pole Lights
Bollard & Pole lights serve a valuable function in your outdoor area, yet when combined with strong design elements need not be dull. Available in a range of shapes and sizes to suit any garden area or pathway, they can be placed at varying heights and distances to ensure they serve their purpose effectively.
Oppland Bollard Light is simple in style and a classic outdoor fixture. Made from a powder coated aluminium with UV stabilised polycarbonate lens and indirect LED light, it is available in two different finishes - aluminium and graphite. With an IP rating of IP54 this light is perfect for outdoor areas as it is protected against dust ingress sufficient to prevent the product from operating normally.
- The London 1lt Pole Light is a beautiful outdoor fixture in a traditional lantern style. Available in two finishes and part of a collection which includes a full outdoor range with bollard lights, flush wall light, chain pendant light, and pillar lantern.
Spike lights can be placed in the ground to light up garden pathways or flowerbeds. A popular contender on the ever-growing list of outdoor lighting ideas, spike lights are perfect for injecting a touch of personality into your garden.
- The Xana Spike Light makes for a delicate addition to your backyard paradise. Available in different heights and designed to resemble a waterlily, the Xana can be planted like a flower to illuminate the path on your terrace or garden.
Whether you are entertaining guests, lighting a pathway, or simply relaxing in your garden sanctuary, discover our range of luxury designer outdoor lighting and transform your home or commercial space into the ultimate al fresco experience.